In general, Macedonia is a safe country. We are reccomending to watch out for your pockets and wallets in crowded areas, as well as the taxi drivers, esspecialy when your transfer is from the airport. Pay attention on young and persistent Gipsy beggars, particularly around the city square in Skopje, and at traffic lights. Opposit of insolving them, walk quickly into the nearest café or store to avoid them.
We are strongly recommending comprehensive travel insurance, including medical insurance, to be obtained before travelling to Macedonia. People travelling to Macedonia for dental or medical treatment should ensure that their travel insurance will cover them in case of any complications that might occur. You should check any exclusions, and that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.
HOSPITALS AND CLINICS
- Acibadem Sistina hospital, Skupi bb Phone: 3099 500, www.acibademsistina.mk. Private hospital. Open 24 hours.
- Polyclinic Bukurest, Partizanski Odredi bb, Phone: 306 40 88, Open 07:00 - 19:00.
- Polyclinic Idadija, Mitropolit Teodosija Gologanov bb, Phone: 31 30 33. The city centre clinic. Open 07:00 - 19:00, Closed Sat, Sun.
- Polyclinic Jane Sandanski, Kosta Novakovik 38, Phone: 246 32 77. To the east of the centre. QOpen 07:00 - 19:00, Closed Sat, Sun.
- Re-Medika, Hospital 16-ta Makedonska Brigada 18, Phone: 260 31 00, www.remedika.com.mk. A private general hospital with a walk-in GP practice, Open 08:00 - 21:00. Emergency services open 24 hours.
- State & University Clinic, Vodnjanska bb, Phone: 314 71 47, A large complex of clinics, with a 24hr dentist clinic for midnight toothaches. Open 24 hours.
Replek, Dimitrie Cupovski 13, Phone: 313 01 70, www.replek.com.mk, Open 24 hours.
Zegin, Bitpazarska bb, Phone: 313 62 80, www.zegin.com.mk. Pharmacy in the basement of Macedonian National Theatre. Open 24 hours.